All India Civil Services – The Union Public Service Commission conducts the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination every year, which is common for all candidates applying for Civil Services Examination and Indian Forest Service Examination. This exam acts as primary mechanism for selection of candidates for the Civil Services (Main) Examination. There are three types or categories of jobs offered through the civil service exam (CSE). Under these Three broad categories are a gamut of services that are prestigious & sought after.
All India Civil Services Jobs list
- Group A Services or Central Services
- Group B Services or State Services
All India Civil Services Jobs List:
- Indian Administrative Service or IAS
- Indian Foreign Service or IFS
- Indian Police Service or IPS
List of Group – A Services by UPSC:
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise)
- Indian Defence Accounts Service
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.) or IRS
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Postal Service
- Indian Civil Accounts Service
- Indian Railway Traffic Service
- Indian Railway Accounts Service
- Indian Railway Personnel Service
- Indian Railway Protection Force (Assistant Security Commissioner)
- Indian Defence Estates Service
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade)
- Indian Trade Service, Group “A” (Gr. III)
- Indian Corporate Law Service
List of Group – B Services:
Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service (Section Officers Grade) Delhi, Lakshadweep, Andaman and Nicobar Islands Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service Pondicherry Civil Service
UPSC All India Civil Services Eligibility – Minimum Education Qualification:
To appear for the civil services exam, UPSC has set some minimum eligibility criteria to apply for IAS examination. Candidates who wish to become IAS officer must hold an undergraduate Degree from a recognized university that are incorporated by an Act of Parliament or which is to be declared as Deemed University by the University Grants Commission (UGC) OR he/she must possess an equivalent qualification for IAS Exam.
Candidates those who have professional and technical degrees as recognised by the Indian Government are also eligible for IAS exam.
But there are few circumstances & exemptions under which candidates will be eligible to apply for IAS exam.
If you are a candidate waiting for the final year result / studying final year of college, you are still eligible to apply for IAS examination but you need to submit the your degree at the time of appearing IAS mains examination.
UPSC will provisionally allow candidates with MBBS degree / candidates who have qualified other medical courses but not completed their internship. Candidates must to submit a certificate from the respective university/college at the time of Online submission of IAS application form.
All India Civil Services Upper Age Limit:
- Upper age limit for the General category: 32 years.
- Upper age limit for the OBC: 35 years.
- Upper age limit for the SC/ST: 37 Years.
- Upper Age limit for the Defense Services personnel (disabled) in operations during the hostilities with any foreign country / in a disturbed area & released as a consequence thereof: 35 years.
- Upper Age limit for the Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers & ECOs (or) SSCOs who have rendered at least 5 years Military Service: 37years.
- Upper age limit for blind, deaf-mute and Orthopedically handicapped persons (General Category): 42years.
All India Civil Services Number of Attempts
- General Category Candidates: 6 attempts till 32 years of Age.
- OBC Camndidates: 9 attempts till 35 years of Age.
- SC/ST Candidates -unlimited attempts till 37 years of age.
- Physically Handicapped/disabled candidates belonging to the General category will get the benefit of 9 attempts till the age prescribed by UPSC -42 years.
Union Public Service Commission conducts the Civil Services Exam in THREE phases
|Preliminary Examination (Objective)|
|Main Examination (Subjective)|
|Interview / Personality test (Vocal selection with Panel of UPSC Members)|